Home » Parish Council » Be a Parish Councillor

Be a Parish Councillor

Are you interested in acting on behalf of your community and representing views, are you interested in considering proposals and planning applications that affect the parish? If ‘yes’ then you should consider applying to be a Parish Councillor.

You can apply to be a Parish Councillor if you are a UK or Commonwealth citizen and are at least 18 years old. You must, in the past 12 months, have occupied land or other premises in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary, or work in the parish (as your principal or only place of work). There is no requirement to be connected to a political party.

There are 6 Councillor seats on South Petherwin Parish Council to be filled. If you are interested in having a say on issues that affect the village then please visit the Be a Councillor page of the Cornwall Council website to find out more and contact parishcouncil@southpetherwinpc.org for more information and to apply.